I think Reclaim the Curb is the last food blog in Melbourne to mention this upcoming Unconference next Friday 22nd. But just in case you didn’t hear about it and are keen, here are the details:
Friday 22nd at Donkey Wheel House [bottom of bourke street]: Doing Something Good in partnership with City of Melbourne, are hosting a one day forum for those working toward a better food system. We’re bringing together people and organisations from across the food industry, with health and environmental advocates, government representatives and community members to:
- discover socially innovative and sustainable initiatives transforming food systems in Melbourne, across Australia and around the world
- envision what a sustainable, resilient and fair food system for Melbourne might look like
- discuss what we can all do to create opportunities, enable success and accelerate change
- learn how we can better cooperate, collaborate and coordinate our efforts
- make plans for individual and collective action
The structure of the day is participatory which means anyone can speak or hold a session. The timetable will be populated in the morning. I’m currently brainstorming an idea for a session – what would you like to hear about at the conference? Or (better still) what do you think the food movement people need to hear about!